High Intensity Laser Therapy (HILT)
High Intensity Laser Therapy is an FDA-cleared treatment option that is unique in its ability to deliver healing light energy to the cells of the body by penetrating through bone, soft tissue, and muscle. HILT can reduce pain, minimize swelling, soften scar tissue, and reset the chronic pain cycle – all while healing damaged tissues at the cellular level.
HILT has seen an 80% success rate at improving function and significantly decreasing symptoms.
Benefits of High Intensity Laser Therapy:
- Relieves Pain – Increases production of the body’s natural pain-killing chemicals: endorphins and enkephalins.
- Resets the Chronic Pain Cycle – Suppresses the nerve signals that transmit the sensation of pain to the brain.
- Softens Scar Tissue – Softens existing scar tissue and reduces the formation of new scar tissue to help regain movement and mobility.
- Minimizes Swelling – Provides anti-inflammatory effect after trauma, stress, overuse, or systemic conditions.
- Speeds Tissue Repair and Cell Growth – Starts DNA and RNA repairs inside of cells. Cells of cartilage, bones, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and muscles heal faster when exposed to the laser light.
- Improves Blood Flow – Increases blood flow, enabling the body to deliver more oxygen and other vital nutrients to speed the healing process in damaged tissue.
- Improves Nerve Function – Accelerates nerve cell regeneration and improves the communication between the nerves and the brain.
Understanding High Intensity Laser Therapy
Some patients find it easier to understand laser therapy by comparing it to photosynthesis. In school, we learned that during photosynthesis plants convert light energy from the sun into chemical energy to fuel growth. In a similar manner, the body converts laser light energy into chemical energy to fuel cell growth and healing.
Co-Developed by Our Own Dr. Curt Draeger
Dr. Curt Draeger is the founder of Integrated Pain Solutions and the co-developer of the High Intensity Therapeutic Lasers used in our clinics. As early-adopter of this healing tool, Dr. Draeger has been using laser therapy since 2005. But when the low level lasers (also known as cold lasers) that were available didn’t produce satisfactory results, Dr. Draeger began to work with the physicists to co-develop a better laser. The High Intensity Lasers used at Integrated Pain Solutions are 1000’s of times stronger than other lasers enabling them to safely and effectively reach deeper into the cellular tissue to provide better, longer-lasting results for our patients.
Trusted by Olympians & Pro Athletes
Our treatment protocols were originally developed to treat professional athletes – people whose livelihood is wholly dependent on their physical condition. Dr. Draeger is the treating doctor to USA Track and Field decathletes and heptathletes, having traveled with the team to the Olympic Games in 2004, 2008, and 2012. Professional football players (including members of the Green and Gold), and collegiate athletes from across the country have also entrusted their care to our team. Today, anyone suffering chronic pain has access to the same treatments and therapies once reserved exclusively for professional athletes.
See what professional athletes and coaches have to say about High Intensity Laser Therapy.
Our doctors will assess your individual situation and recommend the combination of treatment options best suited for your individual needs.