Back pain plagues most people at one time or another throughout their lives. It can take a person from functioning normally to being laid up on the couch for indeterminable amounts of time. Some back pain is caused by injuries that will be recurring or long-term, while other back pain can just be a one-time incident. Pain can signal something is wrong, like a disc being misaligned or like a pinched nerve. After you see your doctor to diagnose the cause of the pain and if there are any solutions. Here are some things that may help alleviate your back pain and help with range of motion.
- Stretch the muscles in the hips and buttocks area for the low back or neck and shoulders for the upper back. Be sure not to keep the spine in a neutral position.
- High Intensity Laser Therapy or other forms of laser therapy can help reduce scar tissue and inflammation and also help with cell regeneration and healing.
- Massage will help relax the muscles that can spasm or lock up because of pain or nerve activity.
- Have a licensed chiropractor adjust your back. Sometimes the back can get out of alignment and result in back pain. An adjustment can help realign everything and help reduce the pain.
- Support your back properly with a lumbar pillow and use good posture. Poor posture can cause pain and using a pillow will help you to sit up properly.
- Exercise once pain levels have been reduced. Take a brisk walk or go for a swim. Exercise will help blood flow through all the muscles to help them to relax and keep them pliable.
Integrated Pain Solutions has professionals to help evaluate your pain and situation. We will help by coming up with an individualized plan for you. Contact us for a consultation appointment today.